From Community Health Needs Assessments to Population Health Support, Healthy Communities Institute helps you go beyond the hospital walls.
Understanding risk factors within a population, and then tailoring care to meet the needs of specific populations, is paramount to value-based care. Healthy Communities Institute enables you to unlock data, gain knowledge, focus resources and measure results. Our technology and services improve the consistency, quality and efficiency of your community and population health initiatives.
Now, your organization has access to the best available community and population risk-profiling data, efficient analytic tools to summarize data and quickly pinpoint the most at-risk populations, and tracking tools to highlight improved health outcomes of health improvement initiatives.
Our community health assessment technology platform includes:
- Mapping and data visualization tools
- Dashboard of over 100 health and quality-of-life indicators
- Promising Practices (2,000+) database of evidence-based programs
- SocioNeeds Index to pinpoint and prioritize the most at-risk populations
- Local resources
- Community engagement and collaboration tools: event calendar, news, polls, etc.
- Literature and education materials
Plus, our expert services provide an end-to-end custom solution to meet your regulatory requirements and take it one step further by providing a strategic framework to meet your organization’s population and community health improvement goals.
Of interest if you are responsible for:
- Strategic planning and development
- Community benefit/health
- Population health initiatives
- Finance and compliance
- Marketing/communications/public relations
- Community outreach
- Governmental/legislative affairs
- Mission services
- Grant managers
Meet Affordable Care Act and IRS 990 requirements
The HCI platform provides a customizable web-based information system that provides a continuously updated “living” needs assessment and helps hospitals meet Affordable Care Act and IRS 990 requirements for conducting community needs assessments.
Embedded option supports your community image and branding
We enable you to custom configure a solution to support your organization’s overall strategic direction and can integrate directly within your hospital’s existing website.
Collect and organize data in one central system
Community health data is often decentralized and difficult to find. Save time on collecting, organizing and updating data with our centralized web-based solution that presents continuously updated, high-quality health data for your community.
Compare your community’s health to national objectives
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has established national targets for improving the health of all Americans. Now, you can provide a visual representation of how your community stacks up against the Healthy People 2020 goals.
Identify high-risk zip codes with our exclusive SocioNeeds Index
The HCI platform includes the SocioNeeds Index, a measure of socioeconomic need that is correlated with hospitalization data and poor health outcomes. It is displayed on an interactive map where you can identify which zip codes in your community have the highest level of socioeconomic need and can benefit most from supportive health and social programs.
Highlight community benefit
Hospitals are often viewed as treatment centers, and don’t always appear focused on community health improvement. Showcase your commitment to affordable care by highlighting the initiatives and strategies your hospital is undertaking to improve community health.
Access an easy step-by-step process and resources with the CHNA Guide
Integrated within the HCI platform, the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) Guide is an interactive online tool that helps you identify and assess at-risk populations. By simplifying the complex steps of conducting a needs assessment into an easy-to-use interactive tool, the CHNA Guide is helpful for any stage of the process.
Precise guidance and support
- Our Consulting Services are a key piece of the comprehensive offerings we’ve put in place to support your success. You’ll benefit from expertise, insight, and guidance that is deeply rooted in epidemiology, health informatics, public health administration, and community benefit programs.
- Our team works with you to drive improved community health outcomes by assessing needs, developing focused strategies, identifying appropriate intervention programs, establishing progress monitoring systems, and implementing performance evaluation processes.
Join our community of clients
Healthy Communities Institute is more than just technology and professional services. Our community of clients spans the country, giving you access to a “built-in support system” for brainstorming ideas, modeling similar programs and serving as your sounding board.