Managing any kind of viral outbreak requires the highest levels of visibility and coordination across all facets of a crisis to ensure prevention, protection and recovery for those at risk. Technology management is an integral weapon in the fight against a disease outbreak.
A market-leading disease surveillance and outbreak management system, Maven is essential for fast-moving, rapidly changing public health crises. It securely tracks patients infected with or exposed to communicable diseases such as Ebola, Zika, measles, tuberculosis, HIV/STD and influenza.
Maven supports data sharing, integration and coordination among medical professionals on the front lines of communicable disease prevention and containment. It is scalable and easily configurable for changing technologies, protocols and geographic locations, while intuitive, integrated portals allow multiple stakeholders to quickly record and share information.
Maven features include:
- Access for local public health administrators
- Integrated electronic reporting
- Automatic creation of a disease event when a case or laboratory report is received
- Real-time event triage for state and local public health personnel
- Contact tracing
- Case management for confirmed cases, suspects and contacts
- Electronic workflows and task assignments
- No human intervention required
Maven also promotes contact tracing and proactive monitoring, which are essential for disease containment. Should a contact start to show symptoms, results are electronically tracked to minimize chances of continued disease spread. Cluster processing occurs through roster/manifest uploads.
Mass contact tracing and management features include:
- Symptom monitoring
- Quarantine monitoring
- Risk/exposure assessment
- Uploads of contact rosters, flight manifests and spreadsheets
- Reporting, analysis of case and contact data information (including infection path diagram visualization)
Maven-enabled Disease Surveillance and Outbreak Management Systems provides health departments with the requisite software to collect better data and make informed decisions in order to protect the community for a wide variety of health issues. No interaction is too small when tracing infection exposures—every handshake matters. Medical detectives can leverage Maven for faster containment of diseases and stopping outbreaks before they become epidemics.