Sustaining a collaborative community improvement effort requires more than a group of well-intentioned partners. Healthy Communities Institute enables a unified focus as a foundation for transparent measuring, orchestrating resources and sharing “live stories” on key initiatives.
We provide you with access to key health, economic, and quality-of-life population health data that is continuously updated. Your stakeholders gain access to analytic tools that prioritize needs and track initiative progress against national and locally defined targets. Additionally, the HCI platform enables all partners to highlight the community needs they are addressing and interventions they are supporting, along with progress and success reports.
The HCI platform includes:
- Mapping and data visualization tools
- Dashboard of over 100 health and quality-of-life indicators
- Promising Practices (2,000+) database of evidence-based programs
- SocioNeeds Index to pinpoint and prioritize the most at-risk populations
- Local resources
- Community engagement and collaboration tools: event calendar, news, polls, etc.
Of interest to:
- United Way and other non-profit agencies
- Collective Impact initiatives
- Chambers of commerce
- Hospitals and hospital associations
- Academic institutions and educators
- Financial institutions
- Public health departments
- Environmental groups
- Transportation and law enforcement agencies
- Grant managers
- Health insurers
Collect and organize population health data in one central system
Public health data is often decentralized and difficult to find. Save time on collecting and organizing data with the HCI Platform, a centralized source that displays publicly available data for your community.
Provide accessible—and understandable—local data
Health data is often inaccessible—tucked away in a spreadsheet under a layer of query tools. Once the data is downloaded, it’s often overwhelming and difficult to interpret. The HCI platform provides a snapshot of your community’s status via a publicly accessible website. Hundreds of indicators, represented with a color-coded gauge, let you visualize how your community stacks up to other communities in your state or across the country.
Track local progress against your initiative’s goals
The HCI platform helps to meet community health and quality-of-life improvement strategies by comparing key indicators to national targets. This provides collaboratives with the ability to create and measure locally defined targets.
Identify high-risk zip codes with our exclusive SocioNeeds Index
The HCI platform includes our SocioNeeds Index, a measure of socioeconomic need that is correlated with hospitalization data and poor health outcomes. It is displayed on an interactive map where you can identify which zip codes in your community have the highest level of socioeconomic need and can benefit most from supportive health and social programs.
Precise guidance and support
- Our Consulting Services are a key piece of the comprehensive offerings we’ve put in place to support your success. You’ll benefit from expertise, insight, and guidance that is deeply rooted in epidemiology, health informatics, public health administration, and community benefit programs.
- Our team works with you to drive improved community health outcomes by assessing needs, developing focused strategies, identifying appropriate intervention programs, establishing progress monitoring systems, and implementing performance evaluation processes.
Join our community of clients
Healthy Communities Institute is more than just technology and professional services. Our community of clients spans the country, giving you access to a built-in support system for brainstorming ideas, modeling similar programs and serving as your sounding board.