Environment, Health, and Safety Mission Statement
The mission of the Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) organization is to develop, maintain and deploy policies, standards, and goals to ensure that Conduent upholds its core values in the delivery of sustainable business value. Through our compliance initiatives we proactively enable protection of the environment, ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and neighbors, and thereby contribute to sustained shareholder value.
The Core Functions of EH&S
The EH&S organization provides governance, leadership, and subject matter expertise to Conduent in all aspects of environment, health and safety. Our responsibility extends not only to our employees, but to our customers and communities as well.
Our core functions fall into four general categories:
- maintaining a safe and healthy workforce
- minimizing risk and ensuring regulatory compliance
- ensuring Conduent services are safe
- promoting environmental sustainability
Environment, Health, and Safety Governance and Policy
The EH&S organization ensures company-wide adherence to Conduent’s environment, health, and safety policy. The governance model we use to accomplish this includes clearly defined goals, a single set of worldwide standards, and an audit process that ensures conformance to these requirements.
It is the policy of Conduent, Inc. to:
- comply with applicable environment, health and safety laws, rules, regulations and Conduent Standards;
- take appropriate measures to protect the environment and health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers and neighbors from unacceptable risk;
- take appropriate measures to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses; provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment;
- assess environment, health, and safety impacts before starting a new activity or project;
- comprehend environment, health, and safety impacts in the design and acquisition of products/services;
- eliminate unacceptable risks from facilities, products, services and processes;
- strive for continual improvement to conserve natural resources, eliminate the use of toxic and hazardous materials; prevent pollution; recover, reuse and recycle;
- require suppliers to adhere to applicable environment, health, and safety laws, rules, regulations and Conduent Standards.
For more information, email us at EHS@Conduent.com